As you likely know through experience, Zoho is a diverse and dynamic ecosystem of applications and is constantly updated and improved. While we know that not every change will immediately improve your system, we’re striving to ensure that the most up to date information about Zoho Updates is available and shared with you regularly. It’s our hope as your partner that this information will inform any required updates to your systems and minimize unnecessary impacts to business. Each month we’ll post this short digest with information including:
- New features for Zoho apps
- Application updates from Zoho
- Issues that might impact your system
We’d love to know if this update is useful for you. Let us know in the comments what else we can include to help provide you with the latest from Zoho to make your day easier.
Here are your What’s New updates for October 2020.
New Features from Zoho
- You can now trigger CRM functions from the API. Read more about this new function for Zoho CRM.
- Now two additional field updates per action are available in Blueprints if you are using Professional Edition of Zoho CRM.
- Introduced discount at the line item level for bills and purchase orders.
- Get a faster at-a-glance view with this Zoho Books business performance ratios improvement. See the details here.
Application Updates from Zoho
- Lots of updates and improvements recently in Zoho Creator, so we’ll give you the highlights here.
- You’ll see improvements in security, SMS default functions, and a greater flexibility with API permissions by user.
- Export settings have increased to 100,000 records.
- Now you’ll find more flexible styling options in iOS.
- Most recently, Zoho Creator offers greater connectivity and Zoho-to-Zoho integration. You can connect custom functions with Zoho Books, Zoho Invoice, Zoho Subscriptions, and Zoho Inventory.
- These are just a few of the highlights of what’s new in Zoho Creator, please see the full technical documentation from Zoho for more.
Additional Critical Notes on Zoho Creator Updates
- Effective end of October, 2020 Zoho is making a change to the notations used in API Names. If you are using Smart Scheduler for FieldTech or any other custom extensions, please schedule your updates. Zoho Creator is moving from Dot (.) notation in API Names to the Double Underscore ( __ ) notation for all components and Removing Dot(.) and Double Underscore(__) Notation for Default fields of Custom Modules created in Zoho Extensions.
- Recently Zoho announced the end-of-life for Creator API v1 on February 3, 2021, and will require a migration to Zoho Creator API v2. The application will remain compatible until then; however, we strongly recommend scheduling your analysis and migration in advance in order to avoid any interruptions in service. This change applies to you if you are using the v1 API and syncing w/ CRM, Books, or any other application. The API for v2 is already released. Next, we suggest getting started as quickly as possible because the timeline for your migration is variable depending on the complexity of your solution. Contact us any time to schedule your migration analysis.
- It’s time to update your browser for CRM. Zoho has upgraded the default browser version for CRM to facilitate features like widgets and scripts. Change effective October 15, 2020. For documentation on the most current specifications, please see the updated system requirements documentation.
- Effective March 31, 2021 Zoho will sunset the Zoho CRM Plugin for Microsoft Outlook. Additionally, from Zoho Corporation on “October 15, 2020 users will be restricted from downloading the plugin. They will be redirected to download and use ‘Zoho CRM for email Outlook Add-in’ from the product.”
- Two alternate solutions provided are:
- Two alternate solutions provided are:
- Firstly, Zoho Books has provided a new option to use the suggested rate when categorizing bank feeds in foreign currency with transactions in Books.
- Next, you can save a step with this new update, “[Books] Provided the option to choose a payment mode from multiple payment modes if you mark the option ‘I have received the payment’ while creating an invoice.”
- Update allows time-savings with the “option to configure auto-apply credit notes and excess payments to recurring invoices.”
Issues Notices from Zoho
- For now, we don’t have any notable issues to share, but keep your eye on this section for future updates about issues.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule assistance around any of these updates please contact our consultants or call our offices at (888) 207-4111.