It’s been another busy month at ZBrains, and a number of Zoho updates May 2021 along with new features were shared with us from Zoho Corp. We’ve done our best to condense it all to the need-to-know basics.
Most notably this month, beginning May 1, 2021, all functions that use authtokens while making calls to other Zoho services will fail. (More details in the article below.) Hopefully, you’re already prepared, but remember that the ZBrains team is here to support you – just let us know how we can help.
Keep reading for the What’s New, Zoho Updates May 2021.
New Features from Zoho
- Zoho CRM Blueprints had a number of improvements including:
- “Automatic transitions in blueprint: Use automatic transition to prevent delays and discontinuity of a process. The automatic transition will ensure that records move to the destination state after a specified Wait time has elapsed.”
- “Blueprints now supports widgets: Perform custom actions, such as locating an address on a map, blocking a date on a calendar and more via Blueprint using Widgets. Widgets can be used in the During Transition settings.”
- “Multi-user and multi-select lookup fields supported in blueprints: During Transition you can use multi-select lookup fields as well as multi-user fields. These fields can be mandated but cannot be validated.”
This month, we’ve seen two notable improvements in Zoho Books that now allow you to do the following:
- Beyond invoices, now you can execute an advanced search for all transactions.
- In the Banking modules, you are now able to add comments and view transaction history.
The Zoho Inventory team shared some great news for online sellers and drop shippers with the new third party billing feature for UPS users. It’s available for all editions and all subscription plans. The Zoho team says, “This feature is targeted at drop-shippers who work with other vendors to supply goods to end customers.”
Application Updates from Zoho
General Zoho Ecosystem Updates
We’ve shared about the OAuth authentication upgrade, and deprecation of authtokens across all Zoho systems the past few months. Beginning May 1, 2021, all functions that use authtokens while making calls to other Zoho services will fail.
If you’ve noticed system issues, and require support, please contact us. You can schedule any time that works for you here Connect with a Consultant
What is OAuth2.0? This industry-standard protocol specification that enables third-party applications (clients) to gain delegated access to protected resources in Zoho via an API.
OAuth 2.0 is a benefit for these reasons and more:
- Increased security and easier user/credentials management,
- Improvement to industry standard protocol for easier communications between Zoho apps,
- Access tokens expire, limiting data exposure in the instance of a security breach.
- We first noted back in October that the CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook would be sunset on March 31, 2021; however, Zoho has pushed this date to May 31, 2021. Now you have a little more time before this change is fully in effect. If you require assistance or consulting, please use the link at the end of this article to schedule a time with one of our Certified Zoho Consultants.
Two alternate solutions provided for CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Office are:
Issues Notices from Zoho
Zoho Creator has published messages about a few improvements and fixes this month, including to the iOS app.
- “The record owner property that was previously available in the user’s field properties section is now moved to form properties. You can find it in Form Properties under Role Hierarchy section. Added user will be the default setting for record owner. The dropdown list will display the list of user fields for you to select from.” – source
- The iOS v 2.5.2 of customer portal quick filter in maps is repaired, in addition there have been some overall performance improvements and minor fixes for version 5.26.13 of Creator iOS app.
Finding what you need in these updates? Or are you looking for something additional? Drop a line in the comments to let us know what info helps you most!
If you have questions or would like to connect with one of our consultants, schedule below. We’re also available by phone, just call our offices at (888) 207-4111.